Monday, August 07, 2006

August 7, 2006

Hey all!
Mom finally got off of the computer long enough for me to type away.
Well this weekend wasn't too bad nor was it extremely hot. Made my walk with my friends even more fun. We ran into my buddy Barron and he and I chased each other around along with my new bud Gus. What a blast we all had running around on the sandy beach and we all swam in the gorgeous Hudson River we didn't see the alleged manatee that has ventured up to my neck of the woods. Man we would have asked him or her to play with us. This was my first time swimming and wow I see what mom is always talking about how she loves swimming all the time. Too bad her pool doesn't allow us pups I'd ask to go along with her. Dad said he had some fun watching us dogs play and to go for the hike with mom and me.
Well I got to listen to my buddy Jesse's story about me. Jesse you see is my buddy who is five years old we do that walk together and is owned by his dog Shayna. Well he has come up with these ideas I guess you can call them about me doing a flip off of a diving board and swimming in the swimming pool. Well Jesse has got some ideas and is quite the creative guy. He even has me swimming across the river and then after the swim across the river I'm getting on the motor boat driving it. Man I like this kid's ideas. He also has me sky diving out of the sky(mom is not sure out of what he didn't say) and jumping into the river. Jesse is quite an awesome kid and mom likes him for his imagination and you know so do I. Man I never knew I was such an adventurous pup!
I wanted to bring up something that I am enjoying doing with this one web page that I belong to that is all about dogs with blogs. Well it is called Paws it Forward. We're to pick five dogs whom we don't know and stop by and say hello to them on their blog. I thought this was a great idea to get us out of our shells and go meet new dogs. Terrific idea Opy and company.
Well dad's working tonight and he had to work this weekend something about mandatory overtime which stinks because we didn't get to hang out at all this weekend like we usually do. I miss my dad when he's busy working. Mom had me outside on my lead for most of the day enjoying the sunshine and warm air. Way better than last week. It's supposed to be cool tomorrow night and man I can't wait. No a/c and even an early morning walk.
Well I wanted to say thanks to all that have been stopping by and leaving me messages. I enjoy making all of the new friends I've made with this blog and wished all of you lived closer for us to play together!
Stay cool and enjoy yourselves.
Wirey hugs,
Ozzy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ozzy,

I just stopped by to read your post. I am glad you enjoyed your first time swimming. I am not much of a swimmer. Mom made me wear a life jacket canoeing last week. I did not like the way it looked on me.

Ivy WFT from MIchigan

Life with Ozzy said...

Ivy,
I've heard of the canoeing experience and I must say I am envious. I would love to try canoeing but mom's not much of an outdoorsy person and dad works too much to go canoeing.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Wirey hugs,
Ozzy

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Ozzy,

Sounds like you had a great time swimming. Charlie loves the water - but he can't swim too good - strange for a Lab, me - I don't like the water at all ! I may shrink if i get wet :-)
Thanks for "Paw-ing it Foward" ! Love your blog.

Love
opy