Monday, August 14, 2006

Good news on my friend Tilly

OK I'm showing you Tilly's mums email to mom's group. Mom teared right up hearing this good news.

Tilly's Mum
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:23:30 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Tilly Update

We went to see Tilly on Sunday afternoon. The good news is that if she continues to feed through the tube ok we can bring her home Thursday afternoon. There is no treatment for what she has , just dedicated nursing care. 60 – 70 % recover apparently. She has Distal denervating disease.
When we went in she wagged her tail and Robbie went berserk jumping up and down and barking. When he’d calmed down he lay beside her and they licked each other’s faces. It was so sweet. She didn’t look very pretty as they’d shaved her neck. She had her paw bandaged where the drip was and a tube in her side. She had a stretchy net vest on. She’s had some food through the tube and luckily hadn’t been sick. Over the next few days they are going to increase it to the full daily amount. She was quite bright, lifting her head and looking around. She growled when another dog barked outside the room. Her growl sounded normal to me. I couldn’t get her to bark – remember her bark had gone all squeaky and her growl. We put her on her peanut and gave her some physio. She also sat for about 1 minute, but her front legs were in front of her, not the usual upright wire position. We were there an hour and a half and she seemed to tire very quickly. She is still biting ! I left her two favourite toys for her, just so she felt a bit more at home.
When we go in Thrusday they are going to show us how to feed her through the tube. The drip will have been removed as she will get her liquid from the food. We have to try and get her to eat solid foot.
Thankfully it isn’t hereditary and if a dog gets better they never get it again.
If anyone finds anything else, or maybe even some homepathic cure, please let me know.
Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.

Brenda & Tilly & Robbie (I saw mum and washed her face)

3 comments:

fee said...

halo my pal ozzy!

i've been praying for tilly too and am so glad she is finally starting to feel better now.

ok, let's play this game TAG! i'm officially tagging you now! come to my blog to see how to play!

hehehe...
fee

Wired for Mackie said...

I know, Ozzie! Isn't it wonderful? Mom and I were doing a jig when we read the news. Okay, I sadmit, I don't know what a jig is...but so what? Tilly is doing better! The prayers are working!

Your pal, Mackie

MJ's doghouse said...

OH deer...I sure hope your freind Tilly feels better really really soon....