Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Prayers for Tilly

OK guys I don't normally write this soon or ask for anything really. But a new mommy wire was out with her humans and wirey son this past weekend and she hurt herself. Her mom Brenda says that "Tilly had a fall on holiday by jumping out of her pen where we put her with Robbie while we unpacked the caravan. She has never done this before. We didn't see what happened. She seemd ok for a couple of days except she couldn't jump on the bed which we put down to stiffness. She walked fine on her lead. Sunday morning she didn't want to walk so we carried her as it was very very hot. Monday morning she kept falling over. We rang our vet and went there when we got home that afternoon. He thought it was severe bruising of the nerves in her neck and gave her anti- inflamatory injection and a tablet for later.I had to take her back this morning. She cannot bark, only squeak. This morning she cannot walk at all and just falls over. She seems to be in no pain at all. I took her to the vet this morning and she had x-rays and neurological tests. The vet said I need to take her to Bristol University Veterinary College tomorrow for 9.30am. This is over 3 hours aways so we are going tonight. Robbie cannot understand what has happened to mum." I'm asking you guys to put Tilly and her family in your thoughts and prayers to help them find out what is wrong with her and for them to make her all better. Also for them to have a safe trip to the vet's office it is a 3 hour drive one way. Man Tilly is one lucky lady to have a mom who loves her so so much. Mom told me that Tilly had pups when she joined the WFT Yahoo list back in March (probably a short time after she joined) and that Tilly now lives with her son Robbie who is beside himself with worry over his mommy as you've just read. I can't imagine how he feels I'd be nuts if my mommy wasn't feeling too hot. OK so that's my request from all of my friends out there to please please please pray for Tilly and her family!
Thanks so much,
Ozzy
PS
figured if I copied what she wrote it would make better sense to all that were reading it.

5 comments:

Bogart H. Devil said...

Oh, how awful!

We're thinking about Tilly and the family here in Los Angeles... hope they all get better soon!!! Sending good Terrier energy (ok, it's Airedale but hopefully it works!) their way...

Love,
Bogart
www.toaireisdivine.com

Life with Ozzy said...

Good energy is the best energy Airedale or human. So long as she gets better that's all that matters to me. Thanks Bogart!
Wirey hugs,
Ozzy

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Okay, all of the doggie's at DogsWithBlogs are all sending positive , healing wishes to Tilly and the family. All of us together create such a powerful force, that Tilly is bound to get better soon ! It worked for me when I was sick - so that's the proof !
Get better soon Tilly.

Love Opy and all at DWB's.

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Hoping Tilly is okay - it will be tough waiting til Friday for news tho! Her poor parents and puppies....I was crying when I read her email today.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Life with Ozzy said...

Yeah Friday is going to take forever to get here. That's gotta be hard on her mom and dad and her son. Not to mention on all of us just waiting to hear the news. Mom and I were both crying.
Thanks Opy the more good thoughts the beter and you are right it does work wonders!
Hugs,
Ozzy