Monday, August 28, 2006

Hello All!
Well I just wanted to thank everyone out there that signed up through either my friend Axel's blog or my friend Mackie's blog to vote for Dean-O. That is terrific and hopefully we can all keep voting to get Dean-O into the top spot and win the monthly prize.
So yesterday was my day to go for my weekly dog social walk as the lady that runs it calls it. Which is fine by me so long as I have fun and get to play. Well Gulliver was there this time the standard schnauzer and he has this weird obsession with my leash. Now Gulliver and his buddy Jazz get to go off leash and so does Punto the German Shepard but not me. Mom says she doesn't want to take any chances with me getting lost or the park rangers getting upset for us not following the rules which is fine by me since Gulliver is also becoming a bit abusive towards me. Now I don't mind playing rough like the next guy but do you have to grab on my leash and pull me every time you run up to me? So we're doing our walk and mom and dad are commenting on how they wish she'd pay more attention and actually watch her dog but for some reason she is busy talking to Puntos' owner Isobel. So we finally hit the beach and I know that dad's got on his swim trunks so that means we're going in the river with the rain and everything when out of nowhere Gulliver runs up and growls at me and bares his teeth at me. Well I decided that I wasn't going to let that one happen so I growled back and showed him my fierce teeth. Mom wasn't pleased at Gulliver and his mom pulled us apart. So dad grabs a stick and throws it in along with 3 other ones so that we can all play fairly. Well he took both of my sticks and Jazz took the other one. Geesh what's a guy to do to get a stick now a days?
So then Jazz and Gulliver both gang up on me and next you know Gulliver has my neck in his mouth. So Gullivers mom gets this idea that they should take me off lead to give me an advantage. Wow that was a blast I took off like white lightening. I booked off and left those two in the dust well sand actually. Mom finally got me to stop and whaddya know Gulliver was back Mom nicely told him to back off since she was with me. Dude didn't listen to mom(now that's a dumb dog) and he decided to try to get rough but his mom was right behind him with a pull of get off! We finally left after mom decided to keep us two seperated and we were walking and Gullivers mom kept saying him and Jazz are never like this. Mom and dad both say bull! Mom's trying to decide if we should go again this week if it was just dog's being dog's or does Gulliver have a thing against yours truly.
I really want to go back I like my walks they're fun and get me in shape and man did I mention I get to PLAY IN THE RIVER!!!
OK I appologize if I rattled on and didn't make sense since I'm a bit pooped from playing in the hose today.
Take care!

Wirey hugs,
Ozzy
PS grandma says mom's overreacting but hey! that was my neck wrapped in teeth not hers!

7 comments:

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

My Mommy used to let me play with big dogs, always kept her eye on me tho cuz of the size difference! She won't let me anymore tho since Lucky got murdered....not even Albert my best bud!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Sunshade said...

OH Ozzy...I'm so sorry Gulliver wasn't very nice to you. Gee..I wish I could be over there protecting you!! I don't like bullies because I stand for "justice" (hehe..just learned that word) and I usually just have to give them one "look" and those bullies back off. I think mom calls it "silent dominance" LOL.

Maybe you need to find yourself a big terrier body guard??

ps. thanks for adding me on dogster!!

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Life with Ozzy said...

Thanks guys for the comments it's nice to know I wasn't just imagining the bullying like grandma seems to think. Thankfully I have the super speed of us terriers. Sunshade I usually have my Shayna but she must have stayed home due to the rainy weather. I'll have to bring you along next time Sunshade. I'm glad you added me to your dogster page also.

Wirey hugs
Ozzy

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Ozzy,

Big hugs from me to you for how that nasty Gulliver behaved - how rude ! Glad that you are okay :-)

And Three cheers for Dean-O !! Looks like he won :-) What a great result ! Thanks for all your effort too in getting everyone to vote. I love a happy ending :-)

Love
Opy

fee said...

bad gulliver! wish i was there with you, ozzy my friend. we could totally roll him around and beat him up!

loves,
fee

Life with Ozzy said...

Fee!
Where have you been my sweet lovely friend?! I was starting to worry about you! That would have been terrierific if you had been around to have my back I'd have greatly appreciated it. You too Opy I am soo glad I have such terrific friends in my life
Wirey hugs,
Ozzy

Bogart H. Devil said...

Glad you're okay Ozzy!