Monday, May 07, 2007

Oh what a fun day!

First let me say thank you to all that donated in our honor. We are official members of the Golden Bone club and like mom said it went to a great cause. We did get groomed at our favorite place the Little Tin Tub in Wappingers Falls NY. She is the nicest lady and lets us run around and play with the other dogs. But we had to get crated Saturday because she had the police dogs there and didn't want anything bad to happen. I totally understand they're doing a real job and can sometimes be not so friendly. Now onto the more important business at hand. I just want to say that getting up at 5:45 am is not my cup of tea. I don't know why the 'rents got up quite so early but they did. Mom proceeded to give puke boy oops I mean Romeo his Dramamine so that he'd have it digested by the time we hit the road. Good thinking Mom. She then proceeded to walk us and make herself coffee and then it was off to the shower where she and I have our morning ritual of taking a shower together. I can't help it I've done it since I first moved in with them. Then we got the SUV packed for the ride. Of course we had to make a stop at Starbuck's because mom can't live without that morning jolt when she gets up a God knows what hour HER quote not mine. Off we went again. Let me say the ride down was beautiful. Nice area to go for a visit anytime. Puke Boy survived! My brother is such a wimp when it comes to car rides that mom wasn't sure how he'd handle it.
So then mom got the camera out of the bag and her and dad proceeded to let us out of the car to get our sniffing on!
Oh man all those doggies and things falling to the ground. Romie of course puked three times from the excitement. Mom says he's a sensitive terrier and I should be nice. We checked in and found out thanks to the recalls there would be no snackies for doggies this year. GRRR I should bite those ba$tards on the butt for ruining my treat day! We then walked around and checked out the sites. We did score a new toothbrush. I don't see mom doing that but hey we've got it if she dares to try it. We ran into our friends from Paws of Distinction.
Oh man I got an AWESOME new shirt from them.
On the back it says SECURITY which of course I am. They did have coupons for free cookies for our next trip to their store. I'm there the next day dad has off. So we met up with some awesome dogs. I swear I thought I saw my love Shayna there but alas it was just an impostor. We then saw another wire there that was dressed as a ladybug. Mom tried to take a picture but she wouldn't stay still. Must be the wire in her. Then we got to the starting line and met up with this really nice pit bull bitch. She was so much fun to play with. Mom said she would have loved to have had a leash like she had with the hearts on it. Then POW off we went to walk for cancer! It was a nice walk around Hessian Lake.
Mom stopped to take a picture of me on the rock but this kid kept getting in her way so she said screw it. We went back to walking. The end goody bag was the best ever. We got frisbees, a soccer ball, squeaker toys and some other stuff. We then decided to grab a bite to eat. Now I had a hot dog and I kept asking Romeo and mom if they were actually dogs.
Mom told me they were not. Good because I don't think that'd be nice to eat my own kind. Dad shared a cheeseburger with me Mom doesn't know that though. We strolled around some more and decided time to go. The ride home going past West Point Academy was breathtaking. We then got home and went to bed for a nice long nap.
Thank you all again for the donations and moral support.

Wirey hugs,
Ozzy

6 comments:

Bogart H. Devil said...

That looks like it was SO MUCH FUN - I love your outfits!!!

Love,
Bogart

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Looks like you had a great day - very tiring though :)

I can sympathise with Romeo's puking - I do the same, I HATE car rides !

Love
opy

Headgirl said...

Hi there, just found you!
My doggy sister Judy was a WFT, she arrived on my 4th birthday.
I had such fun with her, so will enjoy visting your blog.
It looks as thopugh you had a great day out.

Pats & pets to you

Anonymous said...

Wow Ozzy - You guys done good! Raised all that money and got all that loot and fun too! Sorry your bro got sick though. That is NO fun! You should be nice to him.

We were happy to help. Wish we could have been there to join in.

Woofs and Wags,
Bigfoot Fletch and Maxie T

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Ozzy, looks like you had fun! J x

Anonymous said...

Hi Ozzy,

Looks like you guys had a great day. Tell Romeo I thinks he's dreamy. I can't leave messages on his blog but Happy Birthday Romeo!!
luv
gracie in WA